Here are a few general things to keep in mind as you read this Policy:
· This site is owned and operated by The Pivot Fund.
· We will never share your information with third party vendors. Any information collected is solely for use by the Pivot Fund team
· This Policy may be supplemented from time to time by other terms that are posted on and apply to specific features, services or applications of this Web site. In addition, as our business changes, this Policy may also change, so we encourage you to come back to this page from time to time.
· This Site places cookies and local shared objects on your computer or device which are further described below. As permitted by law, by using the Site, you agree to this.
· Advertisements shown to you on this Site and elsewhere may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your Personal Information and Web site usage information collected through our Site, unless you opt out. Opt-out instructions can be found at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. (You have to opt out separately for each of your devices, and for each Web browser you use, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.) Even if you opt out, we may still suggest offerings to you on our Site based on your history at our Site.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, we may ask you if you want to get marketing messages from us when you submit Personal Information to us on the Site. If you do get marketing emails from us, you can tell us you don’t want to get them by clicking on the opt-out link in those emails.
Or, contact us at: Opt-Out Request, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, email and phone number and tell us if you want us to stop sending a particular kind of communication. Please include the name or type of the communication and the web site of issue.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify an individual or allow someone to contact an individual. We may collect Personal Information such as:
· postal or physical address
· email address
· telephone number
· photographs, videos or audio recordings
· credit card and other payment information
Personal Information may also include information, such as names and email addresses, that we collect from you about other people when you share content on our Site with someone else, purchase a gift, or create a user leader account.
We may also collect information such as your date of birth and certain demographic information. We do not generally treat these as Personal Information except when tied to information such as that listed above or as required by law.
Site Usage Information
When you visit our Site, our servers automatically collect the Internet protocol, or “IP”, address associated with your computer, to help us track and resolve issues with Site functionality or administration. An IP address is a string of numbers that is usually controlled by a user’s Internet service provider, and automatically assigned when a user’s computer connects to the Internet. In some cases, we may get general geographic location information from your IP address.
We may also capture “clickstream data” about your Site usage. Clickstream data includes information about your “clicks” or actions on our Sites, such as what you see or click on during your visit and how you interacted with certain features. It can include information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and settings and may include referrer URL information that is automatically passed to us (that is, information about where the user came from before arriving on our Site, which may include search terms in the URL string).
To track information about use of our Sites, we use various technological tools.
· Cookies are small data files sent by a Web site or application and stored on your computer or device at the request of that site or app. A cookie stores information related to your browser to enable us to recognize your browser on return visits to our Site and remember your preferences. Most browsers can be set to detect browser cookies and to let you reject them, but refusing cookies may make it difficult to use the Site. To learn more about browser cookies, including how to manage or delete them, look in the Tools, Help or similar section of your Web browser, or visit http://allaboutcookies.org.
· Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device through a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
· A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in an email to you, to tell us when you have displayed that page or opened that email.
These technologies allow us to assign a unique customer number to you.
We use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding Site usage information.
As permitted by law, by using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
How is your information used?
We may use the information we collect from and about you to perform various business functions including, for example:
· authenticating you as a user and enabling you to use the Site
· processing and fulfilling transactions
· maintaining and administering the Site and your account with us
· responding to your requests
· analyzing the Site, making overall Site improvements and developing new features
· sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you
· protecting our rights and property and the rights, property, and safety of others
· investigating suspected fraud or other unlawful activity
· personalizing or customizing our Site to your interests and history with us (for example, remembering items in your shopping cart)
· evaluating email marketing and other campaigns
· tailoring ads displayed to you on our Site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
· other purposes disclosed when Personal Information is submitted to us
· where otherwise permitted or required by applicable law
To do these things, we may match information collected from you in different ways or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site usage information, and use that information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information.
Some tools on our Site allow you to share content from our Site through a third party social network. If you use these tools, please be aware that third party social networking services have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
Do we share Site Usage Information with others?
We never share your personal information with others. However, third parties, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social networking platforms, may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across our Sites and other third-party online properties or services. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites, and general geographic information derived from your IP address, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear on this Site and on other Web sites. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. Some advertisements may display icons that consumers can click on for more information about their advertising choices.
For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
While we have policies and procedures in place and take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of Personal Information collected on this Site (like SSL encryption for transmissions of payment card information), we cannot guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission, while stored on our systems, or when otherwise in our care. Except as expressly required by applicable statute or regulation, we will have no liability for disclosure of your Personal Information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development, as soon as possible under the circumstances. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
Where permitted by law, you consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you want to be notified by U.S. mail instead, please email us at email@example.com.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
This Site may contain links, banners or advertisements that lead to other third party Web sites or use third party services. We are not responsible for these other sites and services, and their privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information there. We encourage you to read them.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. We may choose (or be required by law) to tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an email to the email address we have on file for you. In some cases, we will request your consent to the changes.
How long do we retain your Personal Information?
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
The Pivot Fund
c/o Tracie Powell
Effective Date: December 1, 2021